Company Profile

Gourmet Your Way takes care of your catering needs so you can take care of business. Most people make the incorrect assumption that corporate catering events can only mean ordinary, boring food. Gourmet Your Way injects new life into the corporate catering market, leveraging Michelle Laubenbacher's culinary skills to develop creative new catering options. Gourmet Your Way’s focus is on Ontario produce, ethnic diversity in food, dietary requirements, and alternative lifestyle food choices; keeping up with the latest trends in the industry. Gourmet Your Way offers an exciting change from the every day sandwiches and salads to more creative, flavourful, colourful and innovative menu choices.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Time To Get Serious About Our Picky Eaters

My daughter just turned five years, and the year or so has been quite the struggle to get my daughter to try new foods. She goes through phases where one particular food item means more to her than all else, and then a week later she's onto something else. If anyone else struggles like this...having to sit there and feed your child...using bribery and promises of an extra half hour of t.v. before bed.

It's not that she doesn't like my cooking...ha ha ha. But she always plays it safe when it comes to flavours. I rely heavily on yogurt smoothies and supplements (two things I know she'll eat). But I am vigilant in finding a better solution. I am passionate about children getting all their daily required nutrients to grow and think. We live in a country where this is possible...and to have this picky eater on my hands, when I love food so much...it's just not acceptable.

I'm working on a book of new recipes I intend to try out on my daughter. She will have final say. And then I will share them with you.

Happy Cooking

No comments: